Vidrio opacity slider
Yesterday I added a “menu bar” icon for Vidrio. Today I added an opacity slider to it. This lets the user change the opacity of their webcam layer.
An outstanding problem is that I can’t safely let the user set their webcam opacity to 100%. Doing so completely hides all other UI elements, including the opacity slider, so the user is stuck looking at herself! My current workaround is to cap the opacity at 90%, but this isn’t ideal. I think if the user sets the opacity to greater than 90%, a small button should appear over the webcam view, in order to reset the opacity.
More by Jim
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- The hacker hype cycle
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2017. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.