Vidrio 1.2 is released
Vidrio 1.2, released today, is a bugfix. When the screen resolution changes, Vidrio was not changing size with it. The Vidrio implementation absolutely positions an absolutely sized window on the main screen. A CSS-style solution would be just to say
width: 100%; height: 100%; but Cocoa seems to be lower-level than that. Instead, I’m listening to screen change events, and resizing/repositioning the screen whenever the screens change.
I’m not sure how this behaves when the main screen changes. I’ll have to investigate that.
More by Jim
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
I wrote this because March is the month of Vidrio. I'm on my third release! This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.