Vidrio payment server
The Vidrio purchase page currently posts its form data to
http://localhost:8080/pay! To make this work, it needs to post to a payment server.
I want this at
https://payment.vidr.io/pay. For this server, I’ll use Heroku and Golang.
I’m using a “monorepo” with many other things in. This interacts badly with Heroku and Go. I’ll develop this server in a separate repository.
I now have a server running at
https://vidrio.herokuapp.com/pay, which is linked to from my payment form. At some point, I’ll move this to a vidr.io domain (but with TLS this is $7/month on Heroku).
More by Jim
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
I wrote this because I'm making Vidrio. I'm using Stripe to charge users. For that, I need a payment server. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.