Can I put comments in string literals in C?
What happens if your C string literal contains comment-like delimiters?
char* my_str = "some /*string*/ with a URL https://www.google.com";
Thankfully, this “works”. That is, this program is the same as:
char* my_str = "some /" "*string*" "/ with a URL https:/" "/www.google.com";
I was concerned, because one syntax highlighter (Pygments) screws this up.
More by Jim
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
- Granddad died today
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- I hate telephones
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- The hacker hype cycle
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- Time is running out to catch COVID-19
- A probabilistic pub quiz for nerds
- Smear phishing: a new Android vulnerability
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2016. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.