What are ‘macro functions’ in C?
In C, the
#define preprocessor command has two different forms. One form replaces tokens. Another form replaces function calls.
Examples of the difference:
// A simple replacement macro: #define FOO 3 // A function macro: #define INCR(x) (x++)
More by Jim
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- The hacker hype cycle
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2016. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.