Golang’s realtime garbage collector at GoWayFest, Minsk
Will Sewell and I gave our “Go garbage collector” talk at GoWayFest in Minsk. We met quite a few people, such as Elena Grahovac who hosts The Golang Show, Yuras Shumovich who already knew us from our GHC garbage collector blog post, and Eugene Bolt, the first non-UK Vidrio user I’ve met. It was a one-day conference on Friday, but Will and I were out Thursday to Sunday, so we got to do some tourism. On Saturday, we were invited to Juno’s VIP area at a rock festival, “Rock Za Bobrov”. We travelled via Kiev both ways. Minsk was surprisingly orderly (it’s the “Russian Las Vagas” run by a semi-dictator obsessed with cleanliness) whereas Kiev was a bit of a Wild West.
More by Jim
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
I wrote this because I felt like it. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.