This site is now on jameshfisher.com
This blog has been hosted at
jameshfisher.github.io since I started it in November last year.
Last month I bought the domain
jameshfisher.com, which I’m going to use for this blog.
Here’s the process:
- Set up a CNAME from
- In the settings for
github.com/jameshfisher/jameshfisher.github.io, inform GitHub of your custom domain
Unfortunately, GitHub can’t host your custom domain with HTTPS. They don’t accept TLS certificate uploads. (This is another case where it would be simpler if HTTPS was configured with DNS; I could just set my public key in DNS to that of GitHub.) To get HTTPS, I’m planning to move the blog hosting to Netlify instead.
More by Jim
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
- Granddad died today
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- I hate telephones
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- The hacker hype cycle
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- Time is running out to catch COVID-19
- A probabilistic pub quiz for nerds
- Smear phishing: a new Android vulnerability
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2017. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.