This site is now on jameshfisher.com
This blog has been hosted at
jameshfisher.github.io since I started it in November last year.
Last month I bought the domain
jameshfisher.com, which I’m going to use for this blog.
Here’s the process:
- Set up a CNAME from
- In the settings for
github.com/jameshfisher/jameshfisher.github.io, inform GitHub of your custom domain
Unfortunately, GitHub can’t host your custom domain with HTTPS. They don’t accept TLS certificate uploads. (This is another case where it would be simpler if HTTPS was configured with DNS; I could just set my public key in DNS to that of GitHub.) To get HTTPS, I’m planning to move the blog hosting to Netlify instead.
More by Jim
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- The hacker hype cycle
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2017. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.