WebGL matrix visualization
|mat4 transformation = mat4(|
Above you see a square canvas, with a line drawing of a cube. This is drawn with WebGL. It draws the unit cube transformed by the matrix on the right. You can edit the matrix to see how it affects the drawing of the cube.
By editing the numbers, you can translate, scale and rotate the cube, and get some other pretty weird effects:
- Scale the entire cube by editing the bottom-right number. Alternatively, scale the cube by editing the diagonal from top-left to bottom-right, which lets you scale the dimensions independently.
- Translate the cube by editing the bottom row.
- Rotate the cube with … well … some complicated edits beyond the scope of this post.
More by Jim
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- The hacker hype cycle
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2017. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.