The only rule of blogging: buy the domain
Nothing else matters. It doesn’t matter what web framework - Wordpress, or the latest thing in Rust. It doesn’t matter who hosts it - S3, or your Raspberry Pi.
If you don’t own the domain, you don’t own the links.
If you don’t own the links, you don’t own the content.
You might in a legal sense
Over the last year, I’ve expended considerable effort to fix my past errors.
I used to blog on Medium. It used to be nice. Its black serif text on white background hinted at a simplicity that today is all but lost.
Do not confuse me for an NIH.
You might have content that you don’t think of as content. Old posts on Reddit. Move 'em over. Example: phone screen brightness
More by Jim
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
- Granddad died today
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- I hate telephones
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- The hacker hype cycle
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- Time is running out to catch COVID-19
- A probabilistic pub quiz for nerds
- Smear phishing: a new Android vulnerability
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2019. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.