In finance, arbitrage is where you know of a price difference between two markets, and exploit this by selling in the higher-price market and/or buying in the lower-price market.
In knowledge work, arbitrage is where you know of an information difference between two pools of knowledge / aggregators, and exploit this by bringing the knowledge/information from one pool to another.
Examples of pools:
- Hacker News
More by Jim
- Time is running out to catch COVID-19
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- The hacker hype cycle
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2019. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.