Software developers are not depressed (but everyone else is)
I often see stories associating software development with depression and other mental health issues. A lot of people saw a 2013 talk by Greg Baugues in which he talks about his bipolar disorder and the possible suicide of one of his co-workers. There are a lot of posts talking specifically about Aaron Swartz. There’s a website and forum devoted to the topic of developers with depression. The perception amongst developers is that we are a high-risk group for depression and related disorders.
More by Jim
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- The hacker hype cycle
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2014. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.