What is the Ivy Lee method?
Ivy Lee was an early 20C “productivity consultant” who created a task/time management system now known as the “Ivy Lee method”. It works like this:
- At the end of the day, write down no more than six tasks to accomplish tomorrow. Rank them by importance.
- Each day, work through the list in order.
- Before writing your new list, scrap the old one.
More by Jim
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- I hate telephones
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- Granddad died today
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
I wrote this because I felt like it. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.