What is the Ivy Lee method?
Ivy Lee was an early 20C “productivity consultant” who created a task/time management system now known as the “Ivy Lee method”. It works like this:
- At the end of the day, write down no more than six tasks to accomplish tomorrow. Rank them by importance.
- Each day, work through the list in order.
- Before writing your new list, scrap the old one.
More by Jim
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
- Granddad died today
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- I hate telephones
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- The hacker hype cycle
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- Time is running out to catch COVID-19
- A probabilistic pub quiz for nerds
- Smear phishing: a new Android vulnerability
Tagged . All content copyright James Fisher 2017. This post is not associated with my employer. Found an error? Edit this page.