Guest post: WebGL shading: both diffuse and specular
By Luís Fonseca
Hi, I’m Luís. Just doing a quick variation on Jims’ previous post about specular and diffuse lighting.
You don’t need to decide on going for one of those types. You can mix both to try to get a better effect.
As you move your cursor around the image above, press the
continuously for more specular or diffuse lighting, respectively.
More by Jim
- Your syntax highlighter is wrong
- Granddad died today
- The Three Ts of Time, Thought and Typing: measuring cost on the web
- I hate telephones
- The sorry state of OpenSSL usability
- The dots do matter: how to scam a Gmail user
- My parents are Flat-Earthers
- How Hacker News stays interesting
- Project C-43: the lost origins of asymmetric crypto
- The hacker hype cycle
- The inception bar: a new phishing method
- Time is running out to catch COVID-19
- A probabilistic pub quiz for nerds
- Smear phishing: a new Android vulnerability